We are chairing a Special Thematic Session at the 17th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs which will run from September 9-11, 2020 with the Pre-conference September from 7th – 8th, 2020 in Lecco, Italy.
Please come and join us at this conference and submit an extended abstract before April 1st 2020 for our special thematic session.
The aim is to encourage presenters to share their innovative thinking, provide refreshing appraisals related to the use of AI and all that goes into AI models to support those with disabilities in their use of accessible and assistive technologies. Here are some ideas for papers but please do not be limited by this list:
- AI and Inclusion, where machine learning and algorithms can be used to enable equity for those with disabilities
- The pros and cons of AI, highlighting why issues can arise for those with disabilities, even with the most meticulously designed systems.
- The use of augmentative and assistive AI in applications to support those with disabilities
- AI supporting all that goes into making access to online digital content easier.
- Enhanced independence using virtual assistants and robots
Contributions to a STS have to be submitted using the standard submission procedures of ICCHP.
When submitting your contribution please make sure you choose our STS under “Special Thematic Session” (Artificial Intelligence, Accessible and Assistive Technologies). Contributions to a STS are evaluated by the Programme Committee of ICCHP and Peter Heumader and myself! Do get in touch to discuss your involvement and pre-evaluation of your contribution.